Introduction to the Department:
The Department was established in the year 2010 with the beginning of Basic B.Sc Nursing programme.
The Pediatric Nursing Department specializes in teaching children’s nursing, where students are introduced to the characteristics of healthy growth and development of Children. Department Teach and demonstrate how to provide nursing care to sick children in hospitals and in home, as well as the preventive measures to be followed to maintain the health of children. The subject is taught in three parts, theoretical at class room, demonstration at laboratory and practical at hospitals and community setting .In addition to teaching postgraduate students (Master’s) in the Pediatric Nursing Department.
Enabling the professional (academic) nurse to improve the quality of nursing performance (knowledge and skills) for healthy and sick children from birth to adulthood and for their families.
1. Improving the student’s abilities through the application of self-learning and critical thinking method in the subject of nursing care for children.
2. Providing the professional (academic) nurse with a wide range of information and skills in pediatric nursing in all areas of the health sectors.
3. Continuous updating of knowledge, attitudes and skills regarding the care of children in health and disease
4. To train the students to understand the Growth and development of Neonate till adolescent
5. The department will prepare students to develop skills in caring of child from Neonate till adult life.
6. To prepare graduates and postgraduate students to become a competent pediatric Nurse, Nurse Educator, Researcher and Administrator.
7. To procure and monitor utilization of resources, for effective functioning of the department.
8. To participate actively in promotion of independent and collaborative research.
9. To facilitate professional growth of faculty.
10. To monitor continuous quality improvement of all functional areas of the department.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS 2023
|1.||JAN 2023||Seminar (prevention on domestic accidents in children )|
|2.||FEB 2023||WORKSHOP (Essential newborn care )|
1. 16th MAR – IMMUNIZATION DAY
1. 24TH -30TH APR WORLD IMMUNIZATION WEEK
1. ADD COURSE
(“Pediatric first aid training) 3rd year B.B.Sc Nursing
1.Value added courses
(“Pediatric emergency care “) 3rd year B.B.Sc Nursing
1. 1st -7th AUG BREAST FEEDING DAY
2. Workshop (breast feeding awareness)
Workshop ( Neonatal resuscitation)
· Departmental Research Publication
1. 10 th NOV – WORLD IMMUNIZATION DAY
2. 14 th NOV – CHILDERNS DAY
3. 15 th -21ST NOV – NEW BORN CARE WEEK
4. 20 th NOV – UNIVERSAL CHILDREN DAY
5. Child Treatment center
|10.||DECEMBER||Exhibition on graphical aids and models|