The Department of Medical Surgical Nursing aims to provide comprehensive training skills to undergraduate and postgraduate students based on the needs to be well informed not only in knowledge and skills but also in the upcoming innovative advances in different areas of clinical practices so as to enable them to face new challenges and opportunities in Global health care settings.
Students will acquire in-depth knowledge regarding medical surgical nursing and to develop skills in the management of medically and surgically ill patients.
- Perform complete health assessment to establish a data base for providing quality patient care and integrate the knowledge of anatomy, physiology and diagnostic tests in the process of data collection.
- To developing skill in therapeutic communication through history collection
- Perform nursing procedures skillfully and apply scientific principles while giving comprehensive nursing care to patients.
- Integrate knowledge on innovative treatment modalities in caring for patients of various medical and surgical disorders.
- Demonstrate competencies/skills to patients undergoing treatment for medical surgical disorders and to identify emergencies and complications and take appropriate measures.
- Plan and give relevant individual and group education on significant needs and to maintain safe environment for patients and the health care personnel in the hospital.
- Integrate evidence-based information while giving nursing care to patients.
- Apply concepts and theories related to health promotion.
- Appreciate the legal and ethical issues relevant to Medical Surgical Nursing and role of alternative systems of medicine in care of patients.
- Recognize the role of Nurse practitioner as a member of the Medical Surgical health teams.
- Appreciate team work & co-ordinate activities related to patient care
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings & utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
Calendar of Events – 2022- 2023
|1.||FEBRUARY||WORLD CANCER DAY|
|2.||MARCH||WORLD TUBERCULOSIS DAY|
|BLOOD DONATION DAY|
|4.||JULY||WORLD HEPATITIS DAY|
|HANDS ON TRAINING ON CPR|
|WORLD HEART DAY|
|ARTICLE PRESENTATION COMPETITION|
|7.||NOVEMBER||WORLD DIABETES DAY|
|WORLD AIDS DAY|
|ADD ON COURSE – FORENSIC NURSING|