The Department of community health Nursing aims to develop skills in nursing students to promote and preserve the health of the population.
- Understand the epidemiology of disease in community.
- Demonstrate skills in assessment of an individual and develop rapport with family and community at large.
- Find out health needs of the clients & family to provide family oriented health care in Urban and Rural Community.
- Perform physical, developmental and nutritional assessment of individuals, families and groups
- Apply the concepts of promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of health while providing care to the people.
- Provide health education at different settings in the Urban and Rural community.
- Conduct health camps, immunization clinics, community health nursing care projects. etc.
CALENDER OF EVENTS 2022-2023
|2||March||General Health checkup camp|
|3||April||Health awareness programme at primary and secondary school|
|4||May||School health camp|
|5||June||Training of healthcare workers|
|6||July||Geriatric assessment programme|
|7||August||Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan|
|9||October||Value added course on disaster management|
|10||November||World diabetes day|
|11||December||World AIDS Day|