The department of Nursing Foundation is to train the nursing students to gain cognitive, affective and psychomotor domains which can be practiced and create apposition changes in the health outcomes of individuals, families, community in all health care settings.
The nursing foundation experience in nursing course enables the student to acquire knowledge with application of scientific principles, develop an attitude that involves integration of ethics and professionalism in carrying out nursing procedures in ideal situations promoting competency for safe and efficient patient care and to application of learned competencies leading to a strong basis for multidimensional development.
- Develop understanding about the concept of health, illness and scope of nursing within health care services.
- Apply values, code of ethics and professional conduct in professional life.
- To develop understanding and implementation of legal aspects in nursing profession.
- Apply the principles and methods of effective communication in establishing communication links with patients, families and other health team members.
- Identify and meet the comfort needs of the patients and Perform admission, transfer, and discharge of a patient under supervision applying the knowledge.
- Demonstrate understanding and application of Theoretical knowledge in caring for patients holistically.
- Develop understanding about fundamentals of health assessment and perform health assessment in supervised clinical settings.
- Demonstrate fundamental skills of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care using Nursing process approach in supervised clinical settings.
- Assess the Nutritional needs of patients and provide relevant care under supervision.
- Identify and meet the hygienic needs of patients and meet the elimination needs of patient.
- Interpret findings of specimen testing applying the knowledge of normal values.
- Promote oxygenation based on identified oxygenation needs of patients under supervision.
- Review the concept of fluid, electrolyte balance integrating the knowledge of applied physiology.
- Apply the knowledge of the principles, routes, Calculating conversions of drugs and dosages, effects of administration of medications in administering medication.
- Integrate the knowledge of culture and cultural differences in meeting the spiritual needs.
- Explain the introductory concepts relevant to models of health and illness in patient care.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS – 2022 – 2023
|2.||APRIL||FIRST AID MODULE|
|3.||MAY||WORLD HAND HYGIENE DAY|
· HOSPTIAL VISIT
|NATIONAL HYGIENE WEEK|
|HAND WASHING DAY|
|6.||NOVEMBER||VALUE ADDED COURSE – PAIN MANAGEMENT|